Functional capacity assessment
For a person suffering from persistent pain because of their work, the functional skills assessment and development program can positively improve general or specific functioning. The program is designed for workers who are struggling to perform their tasks and whose condition is improving slowly or very little.
In our facilities equipped with precise measuring instruments, the occupational therapist uses standardized tests, therapeutic activities and work simulations for evaluation purposes.
At a later stage, specific exercises and activities that stimulate activation and reinforcement, carefully selected according to the initial assessment, can be developed to promote increased functional capacities and improved physical and mental health.
This treatment ensures the worker a safe and effective return to work, while also ensuring their well-being.
Why use the functional capacity assessment program?
To obtain a complete assessment of a person’s functional capacities.
To formulate goals and recommendations for rehabilitation strategies.
To obtain a professional opinion on the capacity of a person to assume his pre-injury position.
To have an opinion on the observance of functional limitations issued by medical authorities.
Start a functional capacity assessment and development program now
“Trust our humane team, focused on empowerment and recovery”
The stages of a functional capacity assessment/
- The program begins with a multi-disciplinary assessment of functional capabilities and barriers, as well as the contributing mechanisms.
- Development of a functional capacity development program that will allow progressive reactivation and re-training.
- Practicing exercises, meaningful activities and work task simulations.
- Personalized training to promote postural hygiene and energy saving.
- Integration of different pain management strategies into the client’s living environment.
- If necessary, it is possible to suggest adjustments in the person’s environment.
- A workstation visit may be proposed to adapt the job and the tasks, which will facilitate professional reintegration.
- Recommend a plan for therapeutic or progressive return to work.
- Follow up.
Our programs are developed with the contribution of experienced collaborators
The Aptitude Ergo clinic counts on many professionals with whom it closely collaborates to develop customized capacity assessment and development programs.
- Occupational therapists
- Massage therapists
- Musculoskeletal disorder specialists
- Expert doctors
Choose Aptitude Ergo: companies can also benefit
- Our interventions can reduce the length of employee disability periods
- We encourage direct consultation with all stakeholders: physician, insurer, manager and employer.
- Our interventions make the return to work safe and sustainable.
For questions about our functional capacity assessment and development programs
If you want more information about our programs or different services, don’t hesitate to contact us. We will answer your questions with great pleasure.